Do you enjoy olives? Then you must try this dish: the meatballs filled with olive-paste are served with marinated aubergine from the oven and finished off with a parsley dressing. Wow! This recipe was created for us by @lellisch.veganfood - thank you 🥰
- 1 pack of Easy Mix Meatballs
- 1 onion
- 1 jar of olives
- 1 large aubergine
- For the marinade: 2 tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp chili flakes, ½ tsp salt, 1 tl dried herbs, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp agave syrup, 1 bunch parsley
- For the dressing: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp water, 2 tbsp agave syrup, pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Meatballs according to the instructions on the packaging. Optional: add a chopped onion before you cool the mix.
- Finely puree the olives with a mixer and, if necessary, squeeze out the excess liquid in a sieve. In the meantime, pre-heat the oven at 220°C top-/bottom-heat.
- Halve the aubergine and cut into a diamond shape. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade well. Place the aubergine halves on a baking sheet and brush generously with the marinade. Then put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the meatball mixture out of the fridge and shape into eight thinly-flattened meatballs. Spread half of the olive paste in the middle of four meatballs and place the other four halves on top, press firmly and seal all sides so that the olive paste stays in the meatball.
- In a pan with a bit of oil, fry the meatballs on both sides until they are crispy brown. Meanwhile, puree the parsley with some water using a mixer. Add all the ingredients for the dressing to the pureed parsley and season to taste if necessary.
- Take the aubergine out of the oven and serve with the meatballs, the remaining olive cream and the parsley dressing. Enjoy!