Mandu are dumplings often filled with minced meat, which originate from Korean cuisine. For you, of course, we've veganised them with our Easy Mix Mince 😉. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these spicy Korean mandu are perfect for an Asian cook-off.
For about 25-30 dumplings || Enjoy in about 60 minutes
- 1 pack Easy Mix Mince
- 1 pack dumpling wrappers (defrosted)
- 2cm ginger (peeled)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 bunch chives
- Some cooking oil
- 4 tsp rice flour
- 200ml water
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinkiang Black Rice Vinegar (substitute vinegar)
- Fresh chilli, to taste
- Fresh coriander (chopped), to taste
Or Ponzu sauce
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
- Wash the chives and chop very finely.
- Mix the Easy Mix Mince powder with the ginger, garlic, chives and the rest of the ingredients for the mandu.
- Add very cold water as indicated on the packaging and mix thoroughly. Then cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill the mandu: Place about a full teaspoon of prepared mixture in the centre of the dumpling wrapper and shape into a fan shape, for example.
- Fry the mandu in a non-stick pan with the lid closed and a little cooking oil on a low to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix rice flour with water and add to the dumplings in the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the dumplings for approx. 5-6 min.
- Remove the lid from the pan and continue frying until the liquid has evaporated and a crispy crust forms.
- Serve & enjoy with dipping sauce!