Making your own dumplings is easier than you might think! This delicious recipe uses our Easy Mix Meatballs mix to make the juicy filling, plus a whole host of other tasty ingredients. Drown them all in fiery chilli oil and you've got a delicious Chinese snack or side dish.
Feel free to make your own dumpling skins if you're feeling adventurous - we prefer to use pre-made ones, found cheaply at your local Asian supermarket.
For about 25-30 pieces || Enjoy in about 60 minutes
- 1 pack Easy Mix Meatballs
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil (for the Easy Mix)
- 1 pack Wonton wrappers (defrosted)
- 2cm ginger (peeled)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp 5-Spice-Powder
- 1 bunch chives
- 6 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp Chinkiang Black Rice Vinegar (alternatively vinegar)
- 9 tbsp chilli oil
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
- Wash the chives and chop very finely.
- Mix the Easy Mix Meatballs with the ginger, garlic, chives and the rest of the ingredients for the wonton.
- Add the sesame oil and water as indicated on the packaging and mix thoroughly. Then cool for 30 minutes.
- After the cooling time, fill the wontons: Place about a full tsp of prepared mixture on the centre of a wonton wrapper and shape as desired.
- Place the filled wontons in a pot of boiling water. Cook for about 5-6 minutes. When the dumplings float to the surface of the water, they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chilli oil: Roughly chop the coriander and set some aside for garnish. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Scoop the finished wontons, without water, into a bowl or onto a deep plate.
- Mix the wonton with the stirred chilli oil.
- Garnish and enjoy!