Boo! These pumpkin pasties filled with vegan mince and cheese make the perfect nibbles for your next Halloween party. There's truly no better way to celebrate the spooky season. Happy Halloween!
For the filling:
- ½ pack Easy Mix Mince
- 100g vegan grated cheese
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ onion and ½ clove of garlic
- Salt & pepper
For the pastry:
- 300g flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 220g chilled vegan butter (plus extra for glazing)
- 6 tbsp chilled oat milk
- ½ tbsp salt
- Fine knife
- Rolling pin
- Biscuit cutter
- Prepare the Easy Mix Mince according to instructions and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and onion, chop finely and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (top/bottom heat)
- For the pastry: combine all ingredients, either with your hands or a food processor, and form into a ball.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and fry the chilled mince together with garlic, onion and tomato paste until crispy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dust work surface with flour, roll out the dough thinly with a rolling pin and cut out pumpkin shapes.
- Carefully carve a face into half of the pumpkins with a small knife.
- Fill the other half with the mince mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Carefully place the "pumpkin face" on top of the filling and seal the edges using a fork.
- Brush with vegan butter, spread on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool briefly before serving with ketchup or any other dip of choice.
- Dig in!