Boo! These pumpkin pasties filled with vegan mince and cheese make the perfect nibbles for your next Halloween party. There's truly no better way to celebrate the spooky season. Happy Halloween!
- ½ pack Easy Mix Mince
- 100g vegan grated cheese
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ onion and ½ clove of garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 300g flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 220g chilled vegan butter (plus extra for glazing)
- 6 tbsp chilled oat milk
- ½ tbsp salt
- Fine knife
- Rolling pin
- Biscuit cutter
- Prepare the Easy Mix Mince according to instructions and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and onion, chop finely and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (top/bottom heat)
- For the pastry: combine all ingredients, either with your hands or a food processor, and form into a ball.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and fry the chilled mince together with garlic, onion and tomato paste until crispy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dust work surface with flour, roll out the dough thinly with a rolling pin and cut out pumpkin shapes.
- Carefully carve a face into half of the pumpkins with a small knife.
- Fill the other half with the mince mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Carefully place the "pumpkin face" on top of the filling and seal the edges using a fork.
- Brush with vegan butter, spread on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool briefly before serving with ketchup or any other dip of choice.
- Dig in!