Hej kompisar! (Swedish for "Hey friends"). This recipe takes you on a tasty trip to the Swedish countryside. This Swedish national dish with so-called "köttbullar" is now also available in vegan. The classic accompaniment is a hearty cream sauce and mashed potatoes.
Cream sauce & Meatballs Swedish style:
- Easy To Mix Meatballs Swedish style
- 40g vegan butter
- 40g flour
- 1 tsp mustard
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 250ml oat cream
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg
- 800g floury cooking potatoes
- 200ml oat milk
- 30g vegan butter
- Spices: salt, pepper, nutmeg
Mashed Potatoes & Meatballs Swedish style:
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Meatballs according to instructions on the packaging.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil in salted water for approx. 25 minutes.
- When they are cooked, put them in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher.
- Heat the milk, add to the potatoes and mix. Then add the butter and spices and stir well.
- For the roux, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Stir so that no lumps form.
- Then stir in the vegetable stock and mustard. Add the cream and soy sauce, stir in and season to taste.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some more vegetable stock.
- Now just fry the meatballs well and when they are crispy, add the cream sauce to the pan and bring to the boil again. Serve everything together on a plate.
- Smaklig måltid! Bon appétit!