Whip up a German classic from the comfort of your own home with our Easy Mix Schnitzel. This warming dish combines our crispy schnitzel with a dreamily creamy sauce and potato wedges.
Serves 2 || Enjoy in around 50 minutes
- ½ pack Easy Mix Schnitzel
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 25g vegan butter
- 20g flour
- 1tsp mustard
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 150ml vegan single cream
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg
- 450g potatoes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Gewürze: 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, optional chilli powder
- Mix up the schnitzel according to the instructions and chill.
- After 30 minutes' cooling time, form the mixture into schnitzels, brush with a little water and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a non-stick pan until crispy.
- To make the roux, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in the flour. Stir until small clumps form.
- Gradually stir in the vegetable stock and mustard, before adding the cream, soy sauce and spices.
- If the sauce ends up a little too thick, add more vegetable stock.
- Preheat the oven to 180º top/bottom heating.
- Wash the potatoes well and cut into wedges. Combine with the oil and spices.
- Spread the wedges out on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes, turning after 20.
- Finish the wedges off under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the schnitzel and sauce and enjoy!