This delicious recipe with crunchy kale chips, crispy schnitzel combined with the roasted Brussels sprouts and the caramel note from the garlic form a real feast.
Makes about 2 servings || Enjoy in about 45 minutes
- ½ pack Easy Mix Schnitzel
- Breadcrumbs as desired
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Caramelised garlic: 3 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tbsp maple syrup, 3 tbsp water
- Kale chips: 4 kale leaves, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper, sesame seeds
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Schnitzel according to the instructions on the packet.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- Heat a pan with oil (2 tbsp) and fry the garlic until golden brown. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar, water, maple syrup and simmer until you can smell a slight caramel note. Put to one side.
- Wash and clean the Brussels sprouts thoroughly, then cut in half.
- Heat a pan with oil (2 tbsp) and fry the Brussels sprouts until crisp.
- Drizzle with lemon and maple syrup and season with salt & pepper.
- For the kale chips: Preheat oven to 120°C top/bottom heat.
- Wash the kale and chop leaves and dry thoroughly. Marinate with olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. They should not touch each other.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Turn after about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, take the cutlet mix out of the fridge, shape into flat cutlets, brush with a little water and coat in breadcrumbs. Fry in a non-stick pan according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Mix the Brussels sprouts with the caramelised garlic on a plate and serve with the chips and schnitzel. Yummy!