Simple and delicious, this is Shepherd's Pie. Our plant-based mince is spiced up and baked in the oven with carrots, peas and a creamy layer of mashed potato until crispy. Hmmm, you have to try it. The best thing is to invite your loved ones and cook for them 😊.
For about 2 servings || Enjoy in about 90 minutes
- ½ pack Easy Mix Mince
- 300g carrots and pea vegetables
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large dash of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper
- 450g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 50g vegan butter
- 200-300ml oat drink
- Salt & pepper
- Mix and cool Easy Mix Mince according to instructions on the packaging.
- Peel the potatoes, boil them in plenty of water until they are soft and then drain the water.
- Add the butter and oat drink and mash the potatoes until the desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper and then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- After the cooling time, fry the mince mixture together with the diced onions in a non-stick pan.
- Add the vegetables and the tomato paste to the same pan and stir in.
- Add the vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme and lob leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, adding more stock if necessary to prevent the mince from drying out.
- Remove the lobe leaf and place the mince mixture in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the mince and vegetable mixture with the mashed potato, creating an even layer of potato. Then use a fork to draw patterns and grooves in the potatoes.
- Then place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.