Banh Mi is a baguette, usually topped with meat (in our case vegan, of course), lettuce, herbs and seasoned with Asian spices.
Vietnam offers freshly baked, crispy baguettes like you would find them in local French bakeries. It was part of Indochina until 1956 and was thus occupied by the French. Ever since there has been a lot of French influence, especially in culinary terms.
- Easy Mix Meatballs
- 1 baguette
- 2 carrots
- ½ cucumber
- 1 chicory
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Meatballs according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the carrots, cucumber and chicory into fine strips.
- Mix the rice vinegar with the sugar and soak the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the meatball mixture out of the fridge and form small balls. Fry them in a pan on low heat first, then fry on higher heat until the desired degree of browning is reached.
- Mix the vegan mayo with the sriracha sauce to get sriracha mayo.
- Cut the baguettes open, spread the sriracha mayo and top with veggies.
- Add meatballs and top with more sriracha mayo and coriander.