Get into the autumnal spirit with this hearty butternut squash cottage pie, made using none other than our delicious vegan mince. This twist on the British winter classic uses butternut squash to make the topping extra golden and creamy. Feeling cold? Whip up this classic and banish the chilly autumn blues. 🥕
Makes enough for a standard casserole dish || Ready in approx. 70min
- 1 pack Easy Mix Mince
- 50 - 70ml plant milk of your choosing - we love oat
- approx. 2tbsp mixed herbs
- 500g potatoes
- ½ butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix up the Easy Mix Mince according to the instructions and chill in the fridge.
- Peel and chop the potatoes
- Remove the seeds from the halved squash, peel and chop into chunks.
- Boil the potato and squash in salted water for approx. 25 minutes until cooked through. Drain.
- Mash the cooked potato and squash together with the plant milk and butter. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Dice the onion.
- Preheat the oven to 180º top/bottom heating.
- Following the 30 mins cooling time, sauté the mince, onion and tomato purée. Add the oil and seasonings, before briefly cooking together with the chopped tomatoes.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the casserole dish and top with the mash.
- Bake for around 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Finish off with the parsley before serving.