When the birds are chirping outside and nature starts to bloom, you know it's finally spring! In keeping with the first warmer days, we have conjured up this spring recipe. A colourful and very tasty flammkuchen!
For 1 flammkuchen || Enjoy in about 50 minutes
- ½ pack Easy Mix Meatballs - spicy
- 1 pack tarte flambée dough
- 1 red onion
- 6-8 spears green asparagus
- 30-40g vegan grated cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1½ tsp maple syrup
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1½ tbsp vegan crème fraîche
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp red peppercorns
- Fresh thyme to taste
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Meatballs - spicy according to instructions on the packaging.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings.
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the woody ends and cut in half lengthwise.
- Preheat the oil in a pan and fry the asparagus in it for about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the mustard with maple syrup and crème fraîche, season with salt, pepper and lemon.
- After the cooling time, form meatballs from the mixture and fry according to instructions. Then cut into small pieces.
- Roll out the flammkuchen dough, spread with mustard sauce, arrange the onion, asparagus and meatballs on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Before serving, top with red peppercorns and thyme. Enjoy!