Here comes your power salad with crispy spicy sausages and crunchy nuts. High-quality protein sources, vitamins, minerals and fibre provide you with everything you need to stay fit through the cold season. Kale is perfect as a salad, but it's important that you knead it with a little salt until it's soft and smooth.
For about 2 servings || Enjoy in about 40 minutes
- ½ pack Easy Mix Sausages - Spicy
- 200 g kale
- 3 carrots
- 2 tubers beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- Nut crunch: 6 tbsp mixed nuts (e.g. walnuts, pistachios, almonds, cashews), 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp maple syrup for caramel
- For the dressing: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp maple syrup, pinch of salt & pepper, squeeze of lemon.
- Mix the Easy Mix Sausages according to the instructions and let them swell for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the kale, wash, spin dry and pluck the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Now knead a little salt into the leaves with your hands, this will create more flavour and soften the leaves.
- Peel the carrots and shave them into "carrot tagliatelle" with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the beetroot into small cubes.
- Wash the spring onion and cut into thin rings.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Mix the kale, beetroot, carrots, spring onion and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl.
- After 30 minutes, prepare the spicy sausages according to the instructions on the packaging: form sausages and fry in a non-stick pan.
- Prepare the nut crunch: Toast all the nuts without fat in a pan until golden brown. Drizzle with maple syrup and briefly allow to caramelise.
- Prepare the dressing: Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Mix the salad with the dressing and serve with the sausages and nut crunch. Serve with vegan mustard. Enjoy!