This delicious autumn recipe is a must for every pumpkin lover. The hearty vegan minced vegetable filling harmonises perfectly with the spicy gremolata and the slightly nutty flavour of the butternut squash.
For about 4 servings ⎮ Enjoy in around 60 mins
- 1 package Easy Mix Mince
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 100g vegan feta cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Spices: Salt & Pepper
- For the gremolata: 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic, juice & zest of 1 lime, 1 handful each basil, parsley & coriander, a splash vinegar, 1 small chili, pinch salt
- Mix and cool the Easy Mix Mince according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (top/bottom heat).
- Wash the squash, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and fibres with a spoon. Salt, brush with olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Wash and dice the peppers and tomatoes. Peel and chop the carrots and garlic. Cut the spring onions into small rings.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic and spring onion briefly. Fry the chilled mince together with the tomato paste. Add the vegetables and fry for about 10 minutes. Season the minced vegetable mixture with salt and pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven, hollow out (edge of approx. 1cm) and fold the diced flesh into the minced vegetable ragout.
Divide the filling between the two squash halves and sprinkle with feta. Bake in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gremolata: Coarsely puree all the ingredients (except the chili). Season with chili to taste.
- Enjoy the stuffed butternut squash with the gremolata.