In keeping with Ramadan, we prepared Shish Barak. Shish Barak are Arabic dumplings filled with minced meat, similar to ravioli, and cooked in a yoghurt style sauce. With the help of our vegan mince you can enjoy these delicious dumplings without animal suffering.
For about 18-20 Dumplings || Enjoy in 90 minutes
- 1 pack Easy Mix Mince
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ½ bunch coriander
- Salt & pepper
- 200g flour
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 300g vegetable yoghurt alternative
- 230ml water, cold
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried mint
- salt & pepper
- Topping: 10g pine nuts
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Wash the coriander and chop very finely.
- Mix the Easy Mix Mince powder with the onion, coriander and the remaining ingredients for the filling.
- Add water and mix thoroughly. Then refrigerate.
- After the chilling time, fry according to instructions.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough and cut out circles (circle cutters can be used) with a glass (diameter 5 - 6cm).
- Place 1-1½ tsp of the filling in the centre of the circle.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press the ends of the dough together. Moisten with a little water if necessary.
- Now fold one side of the dumpling around the other end of the dough and press together.
- Mix the starch with the water.
- In a saucepan, heat the starch water together with the yoghurt, stirring until it is just before boiling.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and mint and simmer briefly over a medium heat - stirring all the time.
- Add the dumplings and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Roast the pine nuts without fat in a pan.
- Serve the dumplings with the pine nuts. Perfect with rice.